1.2K views

I purchased a book from armando montelongo (no a free book just pay s&h) I was also offered access to his training system for 30 days free of charge. I never ordered his system, never used his system. however after 2 months $67 was removed from my bank account for use of this system. also $29 for some other Item I never ordered that they are telling me I did. as a result part of my rent money ($67 & $29) was taken from my account and sent my account into overdraft with a overdraft fee of $37 and $8 a day . when I called his customer service ( Amanda) was very very rude and just left me on hold for over 30 minutes. I called back and was told They would find the recording of the call of me ordering the book and find out if their rep told me after 30 days free days of using the real estate training system my bank card will be charged 67.00 a month. well I'm still waiting. This guy has set up this system to rip off people and just hopes you won't realize that this money has been charged to you. When I told the rep that I did not authorize this fee I was told I did when I ordered the book when I was told after 30 days of free access to their training material It would cost 67.00 a month. But they do not say your card that you are ordering this book with will be charged if you use the system or not. This is a classic bait and switch rip off. To this date they have stolen over $150. This is why this book is free( just pay s&h ). Some of the email addresses don't work as well as phone numbers. and once you get a working number you should be prepared to be on hold for a long time. I want to expose this guy and his system. I've researched other complaints on this matter and found I am not the only one this has happened to .This is how he runs his business. so all his money does not come from real estate investing but from how much *** he can sale.

Comments

Seattle, Washington, United States #596670

1500 * 20 generated $30000 to pay for the 4 sales people/"mentors" plus a hotel conference room. The 3-day course is a way to sell the next part of the plan. The Montelongo plan is designed to generate enough capital from mentoring fees to allow you to pay them more to borrow back the money you and others paid them.

--- with usury high "hard money" and "gap funding" rates.

I'm guessing they actually sell houses...to the members of their club... laundering money to the students multiple times over. Brilliant "leverage" model and typical cultish sales techniques.

The teaching is all focused on a plan the only works while you are paying exorbitant "mentoring"f fees for techniques that cannot work outside of the "club".

Beware. Be warned.

I invested $1497 in July of 2011 for the Real Estate 3 day classes. I never received the support or training that was offered.

It has been a year and a half and I have not made one deal using the strategies from the class. I have been promised help on many occasions and have not received any nor have I been able to get back my money on the "Money Back Guarantee". I have read many of your comments about the program and how dissatisfied you are. I would be willing to join any of you in a class action law-suite to recover our losses.

Are you with me? I have opted to be contacted by email regarding aitional comments.

Join me.

TRULY ANNOYED TO THE NINTH DEGREE! Newark, NJ 07112

It sounds to me like a lot of the people making these comments are people who couldnt grasp the concepts that were taught well neough to take action and put the to good use, so you call it a rip off. Yes after the seminar they encourage you to go on the bus tour, because theres a lot of opportunity presented there..

we didnt go but we have made money using the techniques taught in the 3 day seminar. Perhaps we are lucky or overly bright? Nope...just listened intently and took good notes then put all that information to use by TAKING ACTION. Anytime you order a free sample of anything off tv or internet you are signed up for 'autoship' of the product for ongoing fees.

Lots of companies do this ...it is not illegal or immoral..check out all the popular diet pills and miracle skin creams! Heck even proactive..a pretty well know skin care regimine uses this technique if you order their 'special introductory kit' . Why is it that when a consumer fails to read about wha they are purchasing it must be a 'scam'?? Stop being *** people!

And by the way EVERY company allows for a return or cancellation period, if you fail to cancel then you get the stuff sent to you through autoship..you can always dispute it through your cc company. Stop calling all people scammers! If it didnt work for you perhaps YOU were the missing link?! You all sarted with a FREE seminar...wha did you expect for free?

It costs a company $ t put on a free seminar s did you expect the would lovingly dole out all the secrets? i went in knowing id be pitched to purchase more training and happily did purchase more...BUT i did learn some techniques from the FREE seminar as well. I feel i got what i paid for and more and i know others who DID buy the tour and were very happy with it! Where are those comments...oh you didnt go?

Then how can you make an intelligent judgement? You cannot..so stop spewing nonsense!

to happystudentSan Diego #586030

Amondo was a way to laugh when he flipped homes as I laughed when he made 30 k a home. His knowledge was zero and it showed .

How he roped these people in was his best trick - I am self taught and have 30 years in and it is not out of jealosy as my best return was a estate home in which I knocked down a cottage and made 950 k on that one deal .

It is easy to do but first must know that some things are just a waste not sure if he teaches to chase the nod's and such but every realtor firstt in does that and there is absolutly no secret he holds . If anything he will give a false idea that you may get a edge but some theories just dont work and the people that buy in really wasted thier money as common sense cost nothing but experience and that he cannot offer as markets and trends differ from regions - I also happen to know 3 of the top 20 realtors in the US and we discussed this as it is such a scam that started with a Dave Deldotto many years ago

to happystudentSan Diego #754778

The BBB give Armano Montelongo an F rating. That speaks volumes. 8)

to happystudentSan Diego #837691

I grasped the concept just fine many years before I ever heard the name Montelongo. I had more than 100 properties, had done flips and condo conversions and owned 2 hotels - then the market crashed.

No one was financing everything once the market crashed - even for seasoned investors like me with perfect credit. I attended a Montelongo seminar specifically because he claimed he owns his own finance co. Found out that's a lie. He guaranteed 100% financing to anyone who took his course.

Blatant lie. I talked very seriously with him when he was trying to pry $37K out of my hands. Told him it was the last bit of cash I had and would begin to go into multiple foreclosures if his word was no good. He swore I'd thank him for it!

Huh! Gave him the money and to this day he hasn't financed one property for me. He agreed to go to arbitration with me - then never showed up! It was one lie after another after another.

I was contacted by a TV show who exposed his scam on national television and highlighted a guy I know from whom Armando stole $900K. On national TV Armando promised to return this person's retirement money. That was 2 years ago. He hasn't seen a penny - even after getting an attorney.

I did all of the things you mention above to no avail. Can't stand liars and thieves. I lost $4M in total after he took my last bit of cash. Probably would've lost this amount anyway - Armando just sped up the process.

To those who say only lazy people aren't successful, I have been called workaholic for 30 years. No one works harder. You just can't recover from some situations. I am still in business and still own a few million in R.E.

but can't get over how some people feel it's ok to steal from others.

#361956

I have received free tickets to Armando's seminars when they have been near my city. My wife has asked me to attend and I have put it off for one reason or another, but always wondering if I passed up a great life changing opportunity.

Now, after reading these complaints, I am glad I didn't go. I am sooooooo disappointed in Armando. I used to admire him and how he supposedly, drove into town on his last tank of gas with no money. Now I don't believe any of it.

I heard him on the radio once, offering a free book,(you only pay S&H) and I called and tried to order it. I say tried, because the rep told me I should sign up for a service that would cost me, I believe, $67 per month. I specifically told him I would not authorize any additional charges to my card and was only interested in paying the S&H for the book. He kept trying to sell me the $67 per month system and I kept refusing.

I finally tolk him if I couldn't order the book without authorizing the $67 monthly charge, then I just don't want the book. I could hear the anger and frustration in his voice, but he finally said I would receive the book and only be billed the S&H. I never received the book and I was never charged a dime for the S&H. I guess my little $9.95 was not worth their time....

At first I was dissapointed that I never received the book, but now I feel I was fortunate and have no interest in hearing anything he has to offer.

Armando, you should be ashamed of yourself, scamming people who might not have the extra thousands of dollars you are trying to scam them for. Remember what happened to Tom VU, he ended up in prison!!!

I have a question for Mandy. I understand and believe you were ripped off I want to know how or when were they able to get your bank account info?

Well for all of the people that said that Armando Scammed you, I am sorry. I went to the 3 day class and the bus tour.

I do have a little money and within 19 days after returning from Calif. I have 3 houses under contract. Potential profit of 62K. If you do not have your own money If you actually pay attention you can do it.

I you enjoy looking at homes and putting bids in you will be able to make offers and get them excepted. for every 10 offers you more than likely will get one. This scam posting page if for people who want everything given to them.

YOU have to WORK for it. If you have a problem with them charging your card, call the bank and tell them you only authorized x amount.

to Debbie #1175084

I'd be more impressed with your "success" story Debbie, if your command of the language was better. I have found that people who say "excepted" for "accepted" and who make other grammatical/spelling errors generally do not know what they're talking about, or have been paid to make glowing reviews of a product. Sorry.

to Anonymous #1386643

DEBBIE IS most likely a paid reviewer-scammer that you can hire on those sleazy-cheesy websites. She also could be those foreign Asian solicitors that call you wanting to sell you some useless crap that you dont need or want

What? you guy's fell for this slick pitchman?

wow. I knew he was a scam from the first time I saw him. A friend of mine wanted the "free" book so he bought it, for A YEAR afterwards, he got calls daily from his "support staff" waning to coach him. This is SUCH a scam.

He made some money in R.E., now he makes MILLIONS from suckers.

I'm sorry for you, but didn't your parents teach you the only way to wealth is HARD WORK!?! There's no such thing as get rich quick.

went to the 3 day seminar turned out to be a sales pitch i learned nothing useful at all-presentors were ADAM SAX and SCOTT,

how can these people sleep at night?

Those of you who signed up for his class and are complaining that it did not teach how to make money have completely missed the whole idea: Sure, it showed you how to make money! You saw from the inside out how a money-making machine actually works!

Sucker in people with absurd claims and get them to pay you big $. Then keep suckering them for the next level. If they go for it, you make more money. If they don't, drop them and make room for the next mark.

Either way you win! See how the scam works? Any questions?

Now you know how it works, you have been taught the system, you can do it too!

Just as long as you are not hampered by morals, ethics, and a conscience, you now can make big money too! See???

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #260041

yes,I for the same c**p you people did.we had classes this weekend-march 12,13,14.2011.they are suposse too be back in shreveport in two weeks for the ones that paid $29000.00& $39000.00 for that same buss ride,I could say a very exspencive ride at that.some of talk among about this problem and what we as A group might do in order our $1500.00 back.knowing they are comming back to shreveport,I feel compeled to take action.so I'LL GO TO THE DA'S OFFICE WITH ALL THIS INFORMATION YOU ALL WROTE!and let us see what happens when return in two weeks. because i don't like liers ,and that what are plain and simpile... :? :? :? :?

Are you serious Morgan? at least you are making money off of the man..

Is he aware of just how awful the quality of the program is? nothing but promises made over and over and none of them kept. paid thousands of dollars from my credit cards to have my hand held through these deals..and all i have is debt i am drowning in and no $$ made. banks laugh at the system and u go thru tons of realtors that drop you because they get tired of it.

and calls go un returned . promised we would have armando fund the deals.that we would have access to his lenders. well whre is he with the funds ??? and says hard money lenders go with the deal and dont care about your credit, etc..

totally not true.

all of it lies..is he aware of this? becuz if he is he should be ashamed of himself !!!!

I attended the "seminar" in August of 2009, I was interested in hearing what Armando's flip and get rich plan was. I was little put off by the fact that after being assured that Armando was going to be there, he NEVER once made an appearance.

Also, the tactics his team was showing us was highly illegal. The biggest joke of all was when the guy showed us a picture of a vacate lot located next to an interstate. He told us of someone bought the lot and having two hotels, a gas station and a waffle house on it, One the lot wasn't big enough to have that many businesses on it, second the next slide showed the two hotels only, on the OTHER SIDE OF THE HIGHWAY!!!! I used to think Armando was a great business man and wanted my husband and I to be just like him.

Now, I hope his scams catch up to him and he loses EVERYTHING and ends up in prison where he belongs.

I even question his so called "humble beginning" I researched Armando with the BBB and he has an "F" rating. I wish I would have discovered this a lot sooner.

I just attended the Armando 3-day seminar this past weekend (December 10, 11, 12) in San Diego, CA and I’m FURIOUS with the bate and switch tactics and deception they used to lure me to pay $1,500.00 on the seminar. They promised that by the end of the 3 day seminar you would be hand-held through each step by a mentor in order to buy your first property and flip it. It was a flat out lie!!!!!

The only things that were taught were general concepts about how the program COULD make you rich with hypothetical examples. By the end of it the seminar, I still have no idea where to even begin. Most of the 3 day seminar was nothing more than a sales pitch to get you to sign up for the bus tour which will cost another $12,000.00 to $40,000.00 dollars. What it comes down to is in order for you to actually be taught the entire process of Armando’s system you will have to pay another $40,000.00 with no guarantees. On the second day of the seminar, I counted the number of times the presentor, Scott, promoted the bus tour and it totaled 35 times. So over the 3 days, he probably promoted the bus tour close to 100 times.

They pressured people with good credit to apply for a Blue Card from American Express which was very loose with their credit and it would be very easy to get a card. They asked you to call any Credit Card company that you do have and ask for an increase in credit. They asked you to borrow money from friends and relatives, sell your stocks, take out money from your 401K or IRA or get the money ANYWAY THAT YOU CAN in order to get on the bus tour or you will miss your opportunity to be rich. Basically, if you don’t pay the extra money you’re not following his system and CAN NOT learn the system correctly.

There were quite a few people who felt that they had been SCAMMED like I felt. One women finally stood up and questioned the presenter, Scott, about when he was going to actually teach us something about Armando’s system as promised. The presenter got angry at her and told her to sit down. A few minutes later they had the hotel security escort her out, refused to give her a refund and threatened to sue her for disrupting the class. She had every right to ask that question and we all deserved an answer because they DID NOT deliver what they had promised us in the seminar. The woman is taking legal actions against Armando’s company and I and other people from the seminar who were robbed of our money will support her in her action.

We were also promised a Land Trust in the seminar which was “worth more than the price of the seminar itself.” That was their direct quote. The only thing the presenter said about Land Trust was to go to Armando’s website and download the form. He did not teach a single thing about Land Trust and absolutely no instruction on what to do.

I have tried to contact the company to ask for my refund but none of my calls have been returned as I expected. I have contacted my credit card company to contest the charge and am waiting for the result.

Heiloo, North Holland, Netherlands #219990

Contact your credit card company right away and they will put the charge on hold and deal with the ripoff king. Do not try to ddeal with ***, just call the card company right away, day or nite, and send them the letter and all other documentation and they will get your money back.